Wednesday 26 February 2014

Choose your culture, treat it four ways

First I selected the Korean culture as my culture to paint.
I researched the icons of Korea and decided to do a symbol of the Korean flower.
Because it is native to Korea.

Secondly learnt the 'pop art' style Andy Warhol created.
In this style he chose popular icons and then he painted them using different colour mixes.
Andy warhol said "the rules of art are made to be broken" so his
art was very new and creative when he started doing this.

Then I learnt about the colour wheel and the different colours on it.
Primary colours-red, blue and yellow
Secondary colours-made by mixing the primary colours
Complementary colours-colours on the opposite side of the colour wheel
Analagous colours-three colours that are side by side on the colour wheel
Monochromatic-shades of one colour

After I drew my icon bold with a drawing pencil.
I then turned it over and traced it onto the cartridge paperfour times, once in each quadrent.

Next I chose the colour patterns I was going to usein my artwork.
I chose...
Complementary-blue and orange
Analagous-purple, blue and green
Black and white
Monochromatic-blue

To finish off I will add detail in black

I think my artwork is excellent because I used all of the elements.

1 comment:

  1. Good to see that you are learning colour wheel and using different colours. It is very creative. ^^ Well Done !!!

    ReplyDelete